7.6.10

Back to the DR

It has been a while since I last blogged, and I apologize. Last week was crazy busy. Beyond the fact that I went home for the weekend (yes) the first three days of work were just incredibly busy. It was only a three day week here in the DR, some national holiday of sort. So on Monday I worked on a bit of my work that I had gotten from last week and planned how Tuesday and Wednesday would work out. I finally got a hold of the schedule for each loan officer and began to plan out who to travel with. On Tuesday I headed out with Brunilda and got three interviews completed. But I forgot my camera again.. this is really starting to get annoying. Thankfully, I brought back from the States my cord and another memory card so I have enough space to take as many pictures as I want and I can finally post the pictures along with the journal entries.

So I went home this weekend. I got to visit with my family and go to Todd's graduation. I was really lucky to have a free voucher to fly home and visit with my family. It was good to see everyone, but the jump between two very different cultures wasn't easy. To be eating more than enough food for each meal and seeing a ton wasted at restaurants knowing just the day before I was interviewing women that could only afford to feed their families twice a day was not easy. Something big did happen when I was at home. While I was talking to my family and describing the DR to them, I started to miss it. Honestly, now that I am back I don't miss it AS much ;) but it is a good sign if already I feel at home here. Unfortunately, the trip home wiped me out, and I got sick at the same time. Now I have to deal with not feeling well on top of getting back into Spanish mode and working each day traveling around the city.

So, that is a quick update, I promise one of these days I will post something more in depth.

1 comment:

  1. looking forward to the pictures and narrative about them. You should consider travel journalism. So good to see you this past weekend. You are blessed and we were by God to have the time with you.
    Ybic
    Dad

    ReplyDelete