28.1.13

Carousel

Agony. That is the first word that comes to mind right now. Well, that and frustration. Frustration that it isn't fair. It always comes up at the most inopportune times. I am supposed to be happy right now. Things really couldn't be better for me. I have a bright future ahead of me. I am living with one of my best friends in the entire world. I have a group of loving and supportive people around me. And I have come to perhaps one of the most exciting revelations about my life this month. I have conquered much and learned even more. And I know there is so much more to learn and conquer.

So why now? Why at 10:30 at night when I am trying to fall asleep and still my heart does this come? It isn't like I have avoided this up until now. Sure, there are times I push it down and procrastinate. But I have attempted to process through these emotions before. Besides, I didn't ask for them. These aren't emotions resulting from my own poor decisions. I was taken advantage of and now am left to pick up the pieces and hope I can fit them back together. But just like any shattered piece of glass, there are always those small tiny pieces you never can find again.

I am tired of waking up and dreading another day. I haven't dealt with this in many months. I am tired. But most of my exhaustion isn't from the emotions. It is from the frustrating carousel I am stuck on. Round and round I go, up and down and with each slow rotation I am confronted with my past again and again. It is like a sick sideshow for someone else to watch. And I know of two people who were the ones to force me onto this tormenting ride. And they walked away, completely unaffected. Hell, I doubt they even know just how much they affected me. Nights that I wake up in terror from nightmares. How my skin crawls at simple body contact. How the idea of someone coming from behind me terrifies me. How there can be so much joy in my life, but mere memories consume my mind and paralyze me in so many ways.

Sure, call me a baby. Tell me I am being over dramatic. I don't care. Few people know or understand what I am going through. I have written about all of this before and while it may sound like a broken record and it may frustrate you to read this again, imagine what it is it like for me. I am tired of the memories. I am tired of the anger. I am tired of the fear. I want to move on. I want to break free of this. I want to be normal again. I want that part of my life back. I want to be happy.

1 comment:

  1. call me if you want to talk. It doesn't go away. You make peace with it and make it your own. The haunting lessens and it becomes more history than tragedy. At times it seems it must die a thousand deaths. Like a bad movie when you think it is dead it yet has a few sparks of life that are ignited during toxic seasons. It is one of the ways I know that I am in a toxic season.

    ReplyDelete