6.10.12

Re: Dust

And just like that the dust has swirled up in my life again. Funny how things aren't very clear for very long in my life. But I attribute that to the fact that I am young and this crazy thing called life is forcing me to grow and change. I remember my first month at college a few years ago being hit with some issues. I honestly can't remember what they were, but I was talking to my RD and he told me at the end of our conversation that what I was dealing with was merely the first of many issues and problems I would be confronted with. Harder than ever before, and being faced (initially) alone, it was what adulthood was all about. It is sort of like resistance training. As soon as you are comfortable with 3 sets of 10 reps at 45 pounds, you raise the weight to 50. Life waits until that moment and then raises the bar.

Right now I am currently faced with a situation I have never been in before. It is uncharted water for me. And even though I am failing miserably at it for the time being, I can look back in time and see that there have been many situations before this where I had no idea what I was doing at first, but eventually I conquered it and learned how to deal with the situation properly. And while I am completely clueless, I can say this: someone over the last year has helped me prepare for something like this. I have found that one person that has pushed me, allowed me to be honest and open and, in turn, has fought for me. Because of her, I know I have someone on the sidelines, a champion for my cause and for me. And because of that, I am here, confident that as the dust swirls around me again and I start to feel overwhelmed by it all, I am a more open, honest, and confident person.

I owe it to her. And for the first time in a long I feel as though I have found that one person who has continued to work in my life and transform me. It is a deep friendship that I have been missing for far too long. And it is exciting in a way that a little dust can't diminish.

No comments:

Post a Comment