25.5.10

The Time Has Come

So tomorrow three of the five Dominican interns will leave to head out to their respective villages. I will be furthest away from Santo Domingo but will be in the second largest city. Ben will be out in the most rural part but closer to the city, and Laura will be right on the coast. I am incredibly nervous and excited. I cannot wait to live with another family, to be their guest for three months. But this time will be hard. Beyond the new culture, beyond the new climate, there is this language that while isn't new, it is certainly foreign. There is no doubt that these three months will be difficult. But I have stated that before. And also as I said before, these three months will be a time to learn to rely on God whole heartedly.

So there isn't too much to write about, more will come once I get up to Santiago tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment