11.9.12

Something Special

A lot of my posts contain personal reflections, anecdotes, thoughts, etc. And, it just so happens, many of my themes revolve around personal struggles and victories. But I have felt for the longest time that something has been missing from my posts. I dedicate this post to you. "You" being my friends and family.

A LOT of my lessons learned haven't been from my own doing, but rather my own undoing and then the support my friends provide to bring me back up. It took quite the act of arrogance on my part this weekend to be brought down to a level and realize just how much I owe to those around me. The past 2 1/2 years since I have started this blog haven't been easy. From living in a developing country, to finding that elusive first job, to buying my first car, to moving out on my own into my own studio at the age of 22, it has been a series of dramatic challenges month after month. Each time I have been presented with something new and difficult I have relied on someone. Yes, some say I am strong, but a lot of my strength today comes from lessons learned and an extra hand from back then. I want to name you all as a way of saying thanks to what you have done for me. One of my favorite songs of all time is a relatively new piece by the Australian group PNAU titled "Something Special." Somewhat of a dance rock anthem covering themes of empowerment and struggle, it plays into my thoughts today. Take a listen and see if you agree that we all need our something special. So here is the list:

Brianne
Steph
Sarah
Craig
Joanne
Joel
Brandon
Kelsey
Meredith
Leah
Megan
PJ
Jason
Mike
Jordan
DJ
Ben
Betsy
David
Jeff
Karla
Laura
Vanessa
Chelsey
Ken
Brandon

There are countless others that have also played a role, and if I left your name out, please understand I couldn't have a list of 300 people to read. I am able to keep posting today, to learn anew, and to be transformed on a regular basis all because of you. And I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment