9.10.11

My hand reaches for yours, hoping you will grasp. You do conditionally.

Why can't you just hold my hand like you used to, when I was young and frail?

Can a grown man not also be frail and weak?

No.


I want to be three, utterly dependent and naive.

Erase my mistakes, bring back my unadulterated joy.

Can I not regress to a past better than my present?

No.


Tell me things will be okay, that I am loved, I am wanted.

Show me that you see past those parts of me you don't like.

Can I be the man you want me to be?

No.


The present is as much my own as my past.

I turn to the rising sun to own another day.

Can I ever be loved again like before?

Hope.

1 comment:

  1. You are loved unconditionally - by God.

    Can a grown man be frail and weak? Jesus was. He allowed himself to be, letting people kill him for their own sins.

    Can I not regress to a past better than my present? The way I see it, we came from God and we will go back to Him someday, so we will be in a place more like the past than our present day situation.

    Can I be the man you want me to be? We all can someday, but until then, we just keep trying to become more and more like that person. And we love each other, even though none of us are that complete person.

    Can I ever be loved again like before? You are always loved, each and every day by me, and also in a fuller way by the Father who created you.

    I love you very much.

    ReplyDelete